Ribs have always been one of my favourite things growing up. I used to love all kinds of rib dishes, like breaded short ribs, rib tips, barbecued ribs, etc. It's a great comfort food and a dish that really brings people together. One of my favourite ways to eat ribs is with a saucey and sticky that really packs a good kick to it.
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds baby back pork ribs
- 4 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper
- 4 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 4 Tbsp Allspice Powder
- Your choice of barbecue Sauce
- Coconut water to sweeten
- Salt and Black pepper
- Green onions to garnish
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs.
- Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.
- Apply rub to ribs on all sides.
- Apply enough barbecue sauce to cover.
- Place in cooking tray and pour ~200 mL Coconut water in the bottom of the pan.
- Cover with aluminium foil. and bake for 2-3 hours or to desired tenderness.
- Remove from oven.
- Heat broiler.
- Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.
- Brush on barbecue sauce.
- Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly.
- Turn ribs over.
- Repeat on other side.
- Remove from oven, let cool, and cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs.
(Alternately, you can skip the broil step and grill the ribs on the BBQ to cook on the sauce.)